At eight years old, Georgie Donaghey was bitten by a redback spider. That same year, she won her first writing competition.
As a grown-up, (do children’s authors ever grow up?) Georgie is an internationally published award-winning author, wife and mother of three.
Never knowing where inspiration will strike next, Georgie carries a notepad wherever she goes. She even has a waterproof notepad stuck to her shower wall.
Georgie is terrible at keeping secrets. Just ask the thousands of school children around the country she’s shared writing secrets with.
Obsessed with helping kids to bring their stories to life, Georgie has meticulously structured workshops and presentations designed to harness kids’ imaginations and free their inner author.
Georgie believes all emerging authors and illustrators should have a voice. In 2011, she founded Creative Kids Tales. Through this industry recognised resource Georgie has guided many authors towards their first publication contracts. She’s even tried on the publisher’s hat to see how it would fit. It didn’t talk back like Harry Potter’s did, but it has helped dozens of children’s authors and illustrators realise their publication dream.
In 2021 Georgie was announced as a finalist in the AusMumpreneur Awards for NSW/ACT:
- Business Pivot Award
- Creative Entrepreneur
- Author Award
- Women’s Business School Student of the Year
- People’s Choice Award – Making a Difference in Children’s Education.
She was awarded silver in the Making a Difference in Children’s Education, and bronze in the Author/Writer category for NSW/ACT.
Georgie is the President of the NSW Society of Women Writers and is the founder of The Creative Kids Tales Speakers Agency and CKT Publishing.
- Founder and Publisher of Creative Kids Tales
- Founder and Speaker with the Creative Kids Tales Speakers Agency
- Editor and Publisher with CKT Publishing
- President of the NSW Society of Women Writers
- Finalist in the AusMumpreneur Awards for NSW/ACT – Business Pivot Award, Creative Entrepreneur, Author Award, Women’s Business School Student of the Year and the People’s Choice Award – Making a Difference in Children’s Education
- Awarded Silver in the AusMumpreneur Making a Difference in Children’s Education NSW/ACT 2021
- Awarded Bronze in the AusMumpreneur Author NSW/ACT 2021
- Shortlisting in the 2020 Speech Pathology Book of the Year Awards for In the Shadow of an Elephant
- Finalist in the International Book Awards for In the Shadow of an Elephant
- In the Shadow of an Elephant, Clover’s BIG Ideas and Lulu appear on the NSW Premier’s Reading Challenge
- Featured on Michelle Worthington’s Ask an Author series
- Editor and Publisher of the Creative Kids Tales Story Collection Vol’s 1 and 2 (2017 & 2019)
- Festival Director and Presenter of the Creative Kids Tales Writers’ Festivals (2018, 2019 & 2021)
- Creator and host of The Author’s Shelf on 2SSR 99.7 FM
- Founder and Former President of the CBCA Sutherland Shire Branch
- Books In Homes Role Model
- Major sponsor of the KOALA Awards
- Member ASA (Australian Society of Authors)
- Member SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators)
- Member Writing NSW
- Member of The Society of Women Writers
- Member CBCA (Children’s Book Council of Australia)