Who is Georgie Donaghey?
Georgie’s early days were spent working for the Australian Kidney Foundation before moving into mainstream corporate – IPAC Securities, Deloitte and CPA Global.
During her full-time employment, Georgie also kept her dream alive of becoming a children’s author, a commitment she had made to her eight-year-old self.
Learning as much about the writing industry as she could, Georgie attended courses, workshops, festivals and conferences. In 2010 she stepped into the role of President of a branch of the Children’s Book of Australia (CBCA).
Believing all emerging authors should have a voice, in 2011, Georgie founded Creative Kids Tales. Through CKT she has guided hundreds of creatives towards their first publication contract, personally publishing over 100 authors and illustrators through CKT anthologies.
Georgie built up her ‘hobby business’, into the industry recognised resource it is today, by providing services such as: writers festivals, critique groups, manuscript assessments, mentoring, and workshops.
In 2021 Georgie was a finalist in the AusMumpreneur Awards for NSW/ACT:
- Business Pivot Award
- Creative Entrepreneur
- Author Award (Won Bronze)
- Women’s Business School Student of the Year
- People’s Choice Award – Making a Difference in Children’s Education. (Won Silver)
She was also nominated for a ROAR Award.
Georgie Donaghey is an International award-winning children’s author, editor, speaker, mentor, teacher, publisher, festival director and even radio host. Her books have been:
- Shortlisted in the 2020 Speech Pathology Book of the Year Awards
- 2019 Finalist in the International Book Awards
- Highly Commended in Society of Women Writers Book of the Year Awards
- Appear on Kinderling Kids Radio, Kindergo App, Qantas and Jetstar In-Flight Entertainment Channels and the NSW Premier’s Reading Challenge
Georgie is proud to be a member of:
- The Australian Society of Authors
- Children’s Book Council of Australia
- Australian Publishers Association
- SCBWI – Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators
- Writing NSW
- Books in Homes Role Model
- Society of Women Writers
- And of course, Creative Kids Tales.
In 2021, Creative Kids Tales celebrated 10 years in the industry by launching, the CKT Writing Academy. A resource that offers educational workshops from industry professionals.
Georgie and her team also launched CKT Publishing, but that’s a whole other story.